A Grant of Arms is a Charter; The Societies is personally named to John Minshul Fogg, as the then Chairman of the Society and the current custodian is the Chairman of the Society. The ruling governing usage was given at the time of the presentation of the Arms, to the then Chairman and accepted by him in accordance with the laws of the College of Arms and the authority of Council. The Armorial Bearings may be used only by or on behalf of the Council of the Society. This Shield of Arms may not be used by the Branches. The Charter of the Society makes the Council responsible for ensuring that the Statute is enacted properly.
The Arms may be used and displayed by a Branch at a function when the President or Chairman, or Vice-Chairman or Vice-President of the Royal Society of St George is present in an official capacity.
The Society operates under revised Bye Laws given by order of the Lords of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council dated 27th day of August 2003.
The Society’s Badge may be used by Branches in good standing, which have previously been founded and approved by the Council. It may be used on communications, newsletters and other publications of the Branch. It should be used on the official letter heading of a Branch.
The General Logo is not the sole property of the Society and does not attract its patent. Its use, especially when accompanied by the words ‘The Royal Society of St George’ has not been correct since 1990, although used as the Society’s emblem since the foundation of the Society in 1894.
Motto, Badge and Regalia
The Motto is “St George for England.”
The badges of The Society are St. George and the Dragon and the Cross of St. George.
Officers’ badges, other insignia and mementos are available from the Society